Friday, April 16, 2010

The seeds have been planted

The seeds of my self-discipline have been planted! I have successfully completed one week of no web surfing, no Facebook visiting, and no email writing between the hours of 2 and 8 p.m. And as an added bonus, the time that I DID spend doing those things was greatly reduced (As my neighbour will attest to: she was quite concerned when I didn't answer her email immediately. Haha.). What I did accomplish was planning my monthly meals for the first time in too long, did so much laundry that my dryer conked out, put away all the winter wear and got out the flip flops, made granola for the first time in too long, gave my husband a break from putting the kids to bed, among other things.

$80.01 earned for Operation Smile.

So I am adding a new challenge for myself this week: to get up at 7:45 a.m. every weekday. This is where I'm grateful that this blog has brilliantly light traffic so that few people will know my secret: my husband gets the kids ready for school. Once he's done, has kissed me good bye and is out the door, I get up. Don't tell anyone. He's pretty happy to do it primarily because then he doesn't have to deal with me in the morning and he likes to protect the children. . . from me in the morning. I'm not a morning person. Butt if I get up at 7:45 I could have breakfast with them and then get myself ready and they still wouldn't really have to deal with me, but I'd get an earlier start to my day.

[ Here's my enabler, taken with my new Canon 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens. Yippee!! ]


[ I have a zoom lens, prairie boy. Beware. ]

Wish me (and everything in my path at 7:45 Monday morning) luck!

No comments: